Easter is around the corner and here is a fun and super cute cookie recipe you can with do with kids. These Easter Nests are great because it allows kids to really dig in and get their hand dirty which we know they love to do. Here is what you will need:
2 cups fried chow mein noodles
5-7 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate(chopped)
1 tsp shortening
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or double boiler being careful not to get water into the chocolate. If you are melting the chocolate in the microwave microwave in 30 second increments at half power. Stir well each time to melt the chocolate. Continue until chocolate is melted.
- Add noodles to the melted chocolate mixture, adding just enough so that there is an even coating of chocolate on the noodles.
- Now here is where you need to work fast. Make even sized mounds on the cookie sheet and using your hands, arrange the mound into a nest shape. Make an indentation in the center of each mound large enough to fit 3 eggs.
- Place cookie sheet in the refrigerator to set.
- After the nests are set, you can add 3 mini eggs to each nest.